Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2011 14:05:36 +0100
From:      Rick van der Zwet <info@rickvanderzwet.nl>
To:        Steve Wong <powerpchead@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome & Vino binding to all IP Addresses

On 11 February 2011 23:03, Steve Wong <powerpchead@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a workstation which I want to have gnome desktop and the vino-server (vnc
> server) running, and a few jails created to run other services.

Neither vino-server or gnome desktop are part of the FreeBSD base
operating system. It is slightly out of the scope IMHO of this
mailinglist to answer how-to configure specific applications to bound
to a single IP or interface only.

>  While I have configured other daemons such as sshd to listen only to the host's IP address, I
> don't know how to configure gnome or its vino-server to listen only 1 IP address. This is preventing
> ezjail from creating any jails. Any help is appreciated.

The base system running the jail should by design no have many unbound
daemons running, basically only bounded sshd and some other bare
(bounded) 'minimum' servers.. Also have not seen many cases somebody
using a FreeBSD desktop and running jails on them as well.

You are best trying the documentation (gnome, vino-server), to see how
to make them bound to a fixed address/interface to make it work
correctly.

Br. /Rick
--
http://rickvanderzwet.nl