Date:      Wed, 28 Dec 2011 00:12:43 +0100
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        mips@FreeBSD.org, sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   (Finally) migrate MIPS and SPARC64 to libcompiler_rt

--lCAWRPmW1mITcIfM

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw

Hi all,

Quite some time ago, we switched from libgcc to libcompiler_rt on all
architectures except MIPS and SPARC64. At the time I was also quite busy
with other FreeBSD and LLVM related things, so I decided to leave MIPS
and SPARC64 the way they were.

The reason why we haven't switched these two architectures yet, is due
to a minor bug in __ctzdi2() calling __builtin_ctz(). On these two
architectures, this ends up calling __ctzdi2() again, causing a hang.

I have filed a bug for this at the LLVM folks, but until that time I
want to ask if there are people that are willing to test the attached
patch on their MIPS and SPARC64 systems. The only thing you need to do:
rebuild world two iterations to see whether everything works properly. I
do advise you to test this patch in a jail first.

If this patch fixes the problem, I will commit the change to SVN. As of
then, every architecture will use libcompiler_rt. This also makes
<stdatomic.h> work on MIPS properly.

Thanks,
--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>