Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2011 20:08:36 +0100
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [ath] AR9285 / AR2427 testers needed!

I just tested the newest code on a box running -stable from 22nd January
2011. My NIC is AR2427. The driver attaches to it just fine,
wpa_supplicant and dhclient work. But the card is extremely instable,
losing signal after 30 seconds at the latest. The following message is
printed on the terminal:

ath0: bb hang detected (0x80), resetting

Sometimes, this reset seems successful and network connectivity comes
back. In most cases though, I need to power-cycle the NIC and re-run
wpa_supplicant and dhclient.

Since I had not discovered yet that ath can be built as a separate
module, I transplanted dev/ath and modules/ath into the main source
tree. I also had to adjust sys/conf/files and
sys/net80211/ieee80211_var.h, adding two missing fields in the latter.

- Bartosz