Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2011 15:00:03 -0700
From:      =?windows-1251?B?y/7h7uzo8CDD8Ojj7vDu4g==?= <nm.knife@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   state of switchable graphics

What is the state of switchable graphics in FreeBSD? I know the best
GNU/Linux could do is restart Xserver to switch, other option is full
reboot.

I am looking for a the highest possible 15.4" notebook with WUXGA. The
Thinkpad W500 comes with

ATI Mobility FireGL V5700 (512 MB)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

The Thinkpad T61p with has nVIDIA and I know it works on FreeBSD as I have
tested it, but if I get that, I will just use with my godly QXGA screen. The
higher thinkpads with WUXGA have switchable graphics,
so I want to know if that is something I can use with FreeBSD.

Cheers.

--
Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)