Date:      Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:14:18 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stacey Son <sson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, Lev Serebryakov <lev@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OpenBSM: does somebody work on it?

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011, Stacey Son wrote:

>>  I'm trying to use audit, and has some problems. First one is impossiblity
>> to create custom event class, and second one I hit is with auditreduce(1)
>>
>>  auditreduce doesn't filter events by date (-b/-a/-d options with any
>> arguments produces empty output), it doesn't merge files properly and
>> doesn't pick up files automagically, as Solaris' one does. It doesn't have
>> -C/-M/-O functionality of Solaris' one, too. So, proper merging of audit
>> trial files seems to be impossible :(
>>
>>  I could try to fix & extend auditreduce(1), but does somebdy but me need
>> it?
>>
>>  Does somebody use audit on FreeBSD on production systems?
>
> FYI, a better place to discuss this would be the trustedbsd-audit mailing
> list.  There are quite of few people that use OpenBSM in production on
> FreeBSD and Mac OS X that hang out on that list usually.

Hi Lev:

Just catching up on back e-mail, and bumped into this thread.  Did you file
PRs for these bugs?  As Stacey mentions, the trustedbsd-audit mailing list is
where most discussion of OpenBSM takes place.  It's generally pretty quiet,
but there are quite a few people using audit in production, and I'm sure
they'd appreciate bug reports (and even fixes!).

Robert