Date:      Sun, 5 Aug 2012 15:14:03 +0800
From:      =?UTF-8?B?5LmU5qWa?= <honestqiao@gmail.com>
To:        matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Resume failed after Suspend on Thinkpad x201i
References:  <201207021729413382845@gmail.com> <4FF2599B.6050409@gmail.com> <201207031411248300207@gmail.com> <1341437029.4017.5.camel@localhost> <CALBk6yLgUUvbZUhEhNgbqKOz8bc5eAM9anuP0ZSDR=qd6SstUw@mail.gmail.com> <CALBk6yK1fSg2ksVP4hmQz1pN-NVqXVGb3enjcE9t-rq0qXQQfA@mail.gmail.com> <2012072016090861869410@gmail.com> <CA%2BXA1um8xQmdXsP%2B0qJuqnWoPUD-EHnM9vGTUTifE_8nChh-zg@mail.gmail.com> <CAMAY4VjDwTLLG3y0G0Z9X4=-=-F1pgaN=7vwJxsaNgikr8YzcQ@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BXA1umP9AyncDO-OA-q_ntDjcqRYT7hs6fV3MTvo==3M9Kd5w@mail.gmail.com> <2012080201072126960020@gmail.com> <CA%2BXA1umRifYErG4CYTfZ6AZEH6KpF7dLfbt9Up7bJfLOYEmvTg@mail.gmail.com> <CAMAY4VhY8baF1B=VY0A%2BqX=jRRYSOeLRSWfSjT6VOTtOUkKh7g@mail.gmail.com> <501DA226.8000707@gmail.com>

2012/8/5 matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>:
> On 08/03/12 23:39, =E4=B9=94=E6=A5=9A wrote:
>>
>> 2012/8/3 Zack Breckenridge <zbrdge@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> First of all, let me note that the Kernel config file I posted was for
>>> 10.0-CURRENT (a few weeks back now though).
>>>
>>> I've been looking into it, but still haven't developed a patch yet. I
>>> have verified that the screen blanking issue, on my hardware, occurs
>>> somewhere in the vm86 mode emulation code (which is how VESA is
>>> implemented on amd64), ultimately called by vesa_bios_post(), which is
>>> called in turn by vesa_load_state() on resume [see:
>>> http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/dev/fb/vesa.c?im=3D3#L1497].
>>> vesa_bios_post() ultimately calls x86bios_call() [see:
>>> http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/compat/x86bios/x86bios.c?im=3D10#L584]
>>> and emulates the real mode VESA "initialization" code with a call to
>>> x86emu_exec_call().
>>>
>>> I think in order to figure out whats going on from here I will have to
>>> do some DDB scripting and capture the output. I don't believe remote
>>> debugging will be possible with my hardware (no serial, no
>>> firewire)... Anyway, I'm working on it.
>>>
>>> So to verify that we are having the same issue, you can take the
>>> following steps:
>>>
>>> 1) build a kernel with debugging and VESA enabled:
>>>      options VESA
>>>      options KDB
>>>      options DDB
>>> 2) disable X, boot into the console and issue the following commands:
>>>      # sysctl debug.acpi.suspend_bounce=3D1
>>>      # sysctl debug.kdb.enter=3D1
>>>      db> break x86emu_exec_call
>>>      db> c
>>>      # zzz
>>>      [you should hit the breakpoint]
>>>      db> bt
>>>      x86emu_exec_call() ...
>>>      vesa_bios_post() ...
>>>      ... rest of backtrace ...
>>>      db> c
>>> 3) after hitting that last c, your screen should go black. Then you
>>> should be able to type "reboot" and reboot cleanly
>>
>> My screen go black, but type "reboot" no effect. I can be sure to type
>> "reboot" and return.
>> LED status:
>> 1. Disk LED is light, and off at a moment.
>> 2. "Z" LED is light, Battary and power LED is light.
>> 3. Wifi LED is light.
>>
>>> I'm pretty sure that if you get the same results, we are having the
>>> same issue, though I can make no guarantees.
>>>

>> When I shutdown from KDE, or type shutdown -p now from console, my
>> laptor can't shutdown complete.
>> The battary LED is light alawys, others LED is off, and vents of the
>> laptor has been blowing hot air.
>>
> Honest Qiao: Regarding hot air, are you running powerd? Try "powerd -a
> adaptive -b adaptive" as root and wait 5 minutes to see if the hot air
> stops. If it works, try "man powerd" for installation instructions. Lenov=
> laptops are thermally designed for low CPU utilization. I can almost boil
> water on mine during buildworld. Without powerd, they run at full thermal
> profile and act as excellent hand warmers.
>
> Zack: Regarding remote debugging, do you have an expresscard/cardbus/etc
> slot? Although hard to find you may be able to find a firewire card for
> that. Not sure if that would work or not...same goes for a USB->Serial
> console, my guess is that it wouldn't work?
>
> Matt

Regarding powerd:
I know powerd.
I also set it autostart in rc.conf:
powerd_enable=3D"YES"
powerd_flags=3D"-a adaptive -b adaptive"
And I know that sysctl named dev.cpu.0.freq will change between 333 to
2333 with system load.

But, When I shutdown the system, the battery indicator finally closed,
the fan also continue to operate;
Because the fan is in operation, and blow hot air, indicating that the
CPU does not really stop working.

So my system did not really close.If I do not press the power button
to force shut down the power supply, the battery LED is always on,
whether connected to AC power.
If I accidentally put it in a laptor bag, he will become hot.

Regarding extend slot:
Lenovo thinkpad x201 only has USB slot. It hasn't Serial slot.
I also think that a USB =3D> serial can not be with the remote debugging.