Date:      Mon, 06 Feb 2012 11:34:49 +0100
From:      Hans Ottevanger <hans@beastielabs.net>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggested article to be referenced from FreeBSD Home Page

On 01/30/12 13:35, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Hi,
> Hans Ottevanger wrote:
>> Hi advocates,
>>
>> This article
>>
>> http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-center/why-arent-you-using-freebsd-178119?page=0,1
>>
>> was "discussed" on Slashdot shortly after it appeared.
>>
>> Still, I think the article is of a quite reasonable quality and is good
>> publicity for FreeBSD. It certainly deserves to be mentioned under "In
>> the media" on www.freebsd.org.
>>
>> And if this is not the right list: who do I need to contact for this?
>
> I recall webmaster@freebsd.org often not responsive,
> So either use
> 	send-pr
>
> or from
> 	http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo
> freebsd-www 	FreeBSD Project Webmasters
> 	http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-www

Thanks for your suggestions Julian, but I already sent a message to
www-freebsd@ quite a while ago and I even received a response:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-www/2011-December/007320.html

although nothing has happened up to now.

I my opinion it is essential that those few articles about FreeBSD that
still appear are linked to from the Home page of the website. It could
give the impression to a passer-by (i.e. a potential new user!) that
FreeBSD is still alive and kicking. Currently that specific column just
seems out-of-date.

Another suggestion: on the FreeBSD Foundation site some content is
hidden, e.g.

http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/testimonials.shtml

that certainly deserves a more prominent place on the FreeBSD main site.

Kind regards,

Hans Ottevanger