Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2012 18:11:48 GMT
From:      Bill <lists+freebsd@xinu.tv>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/174487: port mail/notmuch fails to build during portupgrade

>Number:         174487
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       port mail/notmuch fails to build during portupgrade
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
===>  Configuring for notmuch-0.14
Welcome to Notmuch, a system for indexing, searching and tagging your email.

We hope that the process of building and installing notmuch is quick
and smooth so that you can soon be reading and processing your email
more efficiently than ever.

If anything goes wrong in the configure process, you can override any
decisions it makes by manually editing the Makefile.config file that
it creates. Also please do as much as you can to figure out what could
be different on your machine compared to those of the notmuch
developers. Then, please email those details to the Notmuch list
(notmuch@notmuchmail.org) so that we can hopefully make future
versions of notmuch easier for you to use.

We'll now investigate your system to verify that all required
dependencies are available:

Checking for Xapian development files... Yes (1.2.12).
Checking for GMime development files... Yes (gmime-2.4 ).
Checking for Glib development files (>= 2.22)... Yes.
Checking for talloc development files... Yes.
Checking for valgrind development files... No (but that's fine).
Checking if emacs is available... emacs: not found
No (so will not byte-compile emacs code)
Checking which platform we are on... Unknown.

*** Warning: Unknown platform. Notmuch might or might not build correctly.

Checking for getline... Yes.
Checking for strcasestr... Yes.
Checking for rpath support... Yes.
Checking for -Wl,--as-needed... Yes.
Checking for available C++ compiler warning flags...
        -Wall -Wextra -Wwrite-strings -Wswitch-enum
Checking for available C compiler warning flags...
        -Wall -Wextra -Wwrite-strings -Wswitch-enum -Wmissing-declarations

All required packages were found. You may now run the following
commands to compile and install notmuch:

        make
        sudo make install

===>  Building for notmuch-0.14
Use "gmake V=1" to see the verbose compile lines.
CC -O2 -pipe -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing command-line-arguments.o
CC -O2 -pipe -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing debugger.o
CC -O2 -pipe -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing gmime-filter-reply.o
CC -O2 -pipe -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing gmime-filter-headers.o
CC -O2 -pipe -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing hooks.o
CC -O2 -pipe -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing notmuch.o
CC -O2 -pipe -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing notmuch-config.o
CC -O2 -pipe -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing notmuch-count.o
notmuch-count.c: In function 'notmuch_count_command':
notmuch-count.c:70: error: too many arguments to function 'notmuch_database_open'
notmuch-count.c:96: warning: implicit declaration of function 'notmuch_query_add_tag_exclude'
notmuch-count.c:109: warning: implicit declaration of function 'notmuch_database_destroy'
gmake: *** [notmuch-count.o] Error 1
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/notmuch.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portupgrade20121216-888-ff3wih-0 env UPGRADE_TOOL=portupgrade UPGRADE_PORT=notmuch-0.11_1 UPGRADE_PORT_VER=0.11_1 make
** Fix the problem and try again.
** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
        ! mail/notmuch (notmuch-0.11_1) (compiler error)

>How-To-Repeat:
I had notmuch-0.11_1 installed and saw this error doing a portupgrade