Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:00:26 GMT
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-apache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/169958: unify all apache22-xxx-mpm options to www/apache22 make config

The following reply was made to PR ports/169958; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: Marcello Coutinho <marcellocoutinho@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ports/169958: unify all apache22-xxx-mpm options to www/apache22
 make config
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 08:57:04 +0200

 Hi Marcello,

 I committed a different rewrite of Makefile.modules.

 On the road to convert the apache ports to options NG there are some issues where I cannot overwrite options set in the MAIN port by a slave port, so we can not have MPM OPTION in the main apache22 port.

 Additional THREADS as option does not mean threaded apache, it means APR has THREADS support, sounds silly I know but thats from history where the apache port used APR delivered by apacheXX and not devel/aprX (else you could not build prefork with MySQL support ...).

 Maybe we will rename that option if we have full support for options NG in apache.

 --
 Regards,
 olli