Date:      Sun, 04 Nov 2012 22:01:03 +1300
From:      Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
To:        Alie Tan <alie@affle.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-arm with Clang

On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 21:47:27 +0800
Alie Tan <alie@affle.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you tried building FreeBSD-arm with Clang? Please share your
> exeperience. Would be better if Tim can add this compiler option on
> his Beaglebone github script.

The version of clang we have in FreeBSD is unable to build FreeBSD/ARM
binaries. I have a patch to support, however, while it produces a
working kernel, all userland programs crash before they get into main().

The problem I'm having with userland appears to be in crtend.o in the
__do_global_ctors_aux function. It loads a list of functions to call
but appears to be attempting to call a NULL pointer. I'm not yet sure
the cause of this.

Andrew