Date:      Tue, 07 Feb 2012 21:07:13 -0800
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   chromium-16.0.912.77: gui freezes when waiting for network

Hi,

This version of chromium on FreeBSD has this annoying quality that very
often while waiting for network gui becomes frozen. Sometimes with the
"busy" cursor. Scrollbars not working, links not working.
I compared with Ubuntu, it currently has exactly the same version of
chromium, and gui is much more responsive there. I don't see such severe
problem there.

I understand browser as a state machine. It always waits for something,
network, user interaction or screen repaint, but while waiting other
parts should be functional. Any time network operation is pending gui
should show whatever is available by that time.

Looks like chromium is broken in this respect.

chromium-16.0.912.77
FreeBSD-9.0 amd64
Ubuntu (current) 64bit

Yuri