Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2012 14:20:07 +0530
From:      Alwin Doss <alwindoss@outlook.com>
To:        "freebsd-database@freebsd.org" <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD's very own desktop environment

Hi All=2C
=20
Having a good weekend??? Let me not make it boring I will get straight to t=
he point.
=20
I have read in FreeBSD documentation=2C while comparing with the Linux kern=
el we claim FreeBSD to be a complete operating system which provides not ju=
st the kernel but also other utilies surrounding the kernel making it a com=
plete operating system.
My question is "Why doesn't FreeBSD have it's own desktop environment" some=
thing like what Ubuntu Linux is trying to achieve with their Unity Desktop =
environment.
In doing so we will carve a niche for ourselves in the end user space.
=20
What does the forum have to say about this?
=20
Regards=2C
Alwin 		 	   		  =