Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2012 11:59:34 -0500
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9?= Ladan <rene@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FBSD Doc project <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: authors.ent and developers.ent ?

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

On Sun, Nov 04, 2012 at 12:57:43AM +0100, Ren=E9 Ladan wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> author entities are defined both in authors.ent (with email address) and=
=20
> developers.ent (without email address). The latter is used in e.g.=20
> htdocs/administration.xml, resulting in cumbersome lines like
>=20
>   <li>&a.name; &lt;<a=20
> href=3D"mailto:name@FreeBSD.org">name@FreeBSD.org</a>&gt;</li>
>=20
> where just
>=20
> <li>&a.name;</li> would be clearer.
>=20
> So would there be some way to merge these two files (both docbook-wise=20
> and content-wise) to avoid having to maintain two files and avoiding=20
> cumbersome lines?
>=20

I'm a bit baffled by this, to be honest.

Perhaps we can merge these files together, and have each developer
entity consist of two lines, one for name only, one for name + email?

Something like this, maybe?

 <!ENTITY a.gjb.name "Glen Barber">
 <!ENTITY a.gjb.email "&a.gjb.name <email>gjb@FreeBSD.org</email>">

This would allow us to keep the current multi-format entries, and
consolidate them into one file.

Thoughts?

Glen

PS:  That idea is conceptual, I haven't actually tried this change.

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB--