Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 2012 13:13:20 +0100
From:      Gerhard Strangar <g.s@arcor.de>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Introduction to writing kernel modules

Patrick Lamaiziere wrote (2012-01-22 13:57):

> There is a facility for watchdogs, you should use it. You only have to
> register you watchdog in the kernel and watchdogd(8) is used to
> control the watchdog from userland.

I guess the character device is much easier to implement. However, my
current problem is that a manged to compile something and all it does is
crash the kernel. Is there a way of debugging this without going through
reboot and fsck - maybe an intermediate kernel module, a kernel
simluator? I mean, I can'T set up a virtual machine if a want to talk to
real hardware.