Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:49:46 -0700
From:      nagarjuna vempati <nagpersonal@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Issue with KGDB setup. System freezes when it enters ddb

Hello,

Can someone plese help me understand what is the problem?

After fresh disk installation of freeBSD9.0 AMD64 from disk, I copied
/usr/src/sys/am64/conf/GENERIC to KGDBKERNEL and added following lines to
the file

options         GDB
options         DDB
options         KDB_UNATTENDED
options         BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
options         ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER

After this I rebuilt the Kernel and installed as below.

make buildworld
make buildkernel kernconf=KGDBKERNEL
make installkernel kernconf=KGDBKERNEL
Reboot into single user mode.
mergemaster -p
make installworld
mergemaster
Reboot.

After this to setup KGDB I am using following document as my reference.
http://chetanbl.blogspot.com/

To break into ddb I am trying issue sysctl debug.kdb.enter=1. Then the
system becomes unresponsive. Also, I tried to enter ddb at booting stage by
issuing boot -d command. Even then system becomes unresponsive.

I need to solve this problem ASAP. Can someone helpme?

Thanks,
Nag