Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2012 22:31:25 -0500
From:      Stefan Stefansson <stefan.stefansson@live.com>
To:        "freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Anyone working on porting the Dell XPS 15z touchpad Linux driver?

I've got a Dell XPS15z and while I'd love to be running FreeBSD on it=2C I'=
ve basically been stuck using Windows.
=0A=

=0A=
After some recent looking around=2C I see that there is a Linux driver =0A=
that was released for the touchpad that enables some multi-finger =0A=
support (along with support for some backlight issues)
=0A=

=0A=
I don't suppose there's anyone here that is currently working on porting th=
is driver over to FreeBSD?
=0A=

=0A=
With the recent announcement that nVidia is working on Optimus for Linux=2C=
 and a driver for the touchpad=2C and having a working backlight=2C =0A=
I'm hopeful that one day I'll be able to use my laptop with FreeBSD.
=0A=

=0A=
Here's a link to the page that has the driver: https://launchpad.net/~canon=
ical-hwe-team/+archive/sputnik-kernel