Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2012 15:13:32 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alex Kozlov <spam@rm-rf.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, mi@aldan.algebra.com, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: X11BASE still in use in ports

On 06/24/2012 05:37, Alex Kozlov wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 03:46:40AM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>> I noticed a failure in one of my ports today while doing an upgrade, and
>> was embarrassed to find that it was due to my port still using X11BASE.
>> That led me to do a quick grep of the tree, which seems to indicate that
>> there are a non-zero number of uses of it which seem to be erroneous:
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/x11base-ports.txt
>>
>> Note, some of these are actually Ok, I haven't made an attempt to filter
>> them out yet.
>>
>> Is there any interest in cleaning these up? Should we restore the
>> definition of X11BASE until all of the ports that are using it are fixed?
>>
>> I'm kind of surprised by this problem, since the usual way of removing
>> something like this is to make sure all of the consumers have been fixed
>> first.
> I have done a basic analysis. Ports that need to be fixed ('?' - not sure,
> '<D>' - should be deleted):  http://people.freebsd.org/~ak/x11base.log

Thanks Alex! I fixed the obvious ones. Of the ports@ ones,
ports/games/ezquake needs a look, since it probably needs more than just
a quick edit.

I added emulation@ so that they can look at the linux-base ports on your
list. It wasn't clear to me how/if those should be changed.

And ports/math/wingz3 needs a look too, I'm not sure what _X11BASE_ is
about there.

hth,

Doug