Date:      Sun, 2 Dec 2012 10:00:01 GMT
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/169896: [patch] audio/linux-f10-alsa-lib: use OSS plugin by default

The following reply was made to PR ports/169896; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, jbeich@tormail.org
Subject: Re: ports/169896: [patch] audio/linux-f10-alsa-lib: use OSS plugin
 by default
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 13:58:08 +0400

 OK, seems that now I understand the problem a bit deeper.

 Linuxolator is not aware of LOCALBASE, it just strips LINUXBASE
 while searchig a file. I was wrong at my previous assumption.

 Back to the PR.

 1. The best way here is to create a link from existing configuration
 file LOCALBASE/etc/asound.conf to LINUXBASE/etc. That way a use has
 only one source file to edit/configure. I assume here that both
 native FreeBSD and Linux files must be identical, but I'm not an
 expert here.

 2. There is no guaranty that LOCALBASE/etc/asound.conf already
 exists at the target machine. Than a configuration file at LINUXBASE
 should be created.

 3. And don't forget, that those steps should be used for packages as
 well.

 --
 WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
 FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve