Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2012 19:10:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        admin@ist.tugraz.at
Subject:   NFS krb5 host based initiator credential patch

Hi,

For a long time, I've had a patch that adds support
for host based credentials in a keytab file to the
kerberized NFS client. Unfortunately, it only worked
if the kind of encryption used to create the keytab
entry was explicitly set via a sysctl. Because of this
dfr@ understandably didn't want it commited. Also, the
patch had a bug which caused crashes when the initial
use of the credential failed for any reason.

I now finally have a patch that doesn't require
explicit setting of the encryption type to make it work.
(It does essentially a "kinit -k" to acquire a TGT and
 put it in a credential cache, which is then used by
 gss_init_sec_context().)

I'd appreciate testing and review of this patch.
It can be found at:
  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/rpcsec_gss-hostbased-initiator.patch
this patch should apply to the files in -current.

If the patch doesn't apply cleanly, you can find
patched copies of the files here. (These should be
buildable in any 9.0 or later system, I think?)
  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/rpcsec_gss-hostbased-initiator-patched-files

The patch has worked ok for me for some testing, but
I have only used a des-cbc-crc encrypted keytab entry.
(I believe other encryption types should work, so long
 as they result in an 8 byte session key, but I haven't
 tested this and suggest testers start with des-cbc-crc.)

rick
ps: RPCSEC_GSS version 1 uses des-cbc encryption for krb5p,
    so stronger encryption for the keytab entry probably
    doesn't make any difference.