Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2012 05:46:27 +0300
From:      Ilias-Dimitrios Vrachnis <vrachil@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   A question about geli and aesni

Hello, I have a question about the aesni integration with geli:

I use a geli encrypted root, on an aesni-capable cpu, and I noticed
that the .eli device is not hardware accelerated even though aesni.ko
is loaded (from loader.conf and not kld_list).
I have a suspicion that this happens because I did not load the module
before running geli init, but I cannot confirm it at the moment.

Running geli init on an md device after the machine is fully booted
up, results in a hardware accelerated device, so the cpu is not the
problem here.
Googling for this issue did not reveal something relevant nor did man
4 aesni/man 8 geli, so here I am at the mailing list asking for
pointers.
Has anyone seen this behavior before? Do you have any hints?

PS. I'm running -CURRENT (r234772)