Date:      Sat, 11 Feb 2012 21:06:29 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Dixon <mnd999@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CDROMS appearing as Disks

On 2/5/12 2:08 PM, Mark Dixon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had an issue with CDs appearing as disks on FreeBSD 9 in KDE and it
> seems others have been having the same issue with Gnome. I posted a
> semi-fix to the forums here
> (http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=163831#post163831).
>
> Thought I'd mention it here in case it is useful to others.

I'm trying to get to the root of these recent CD problems, but so far
I'm not seeing what others are reporting.  I have RELENG_9 with all of
the up-to-date ports, and everything looks good.  I checked your .fdi
definitions, but my cd device already has all of those properties set.

Did you rebuild hal after you upgraded to 9.X?

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	gnome@FreeBSD.org