Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2012 03:33:10 -0700
From:      Darren Pilgrim <darren@bluerosetech.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   net/avahi-app: I just need the daemon, how do I install that?

I've been going over the avahi-app Makefile and can't see a way to build
and install just the daemon and there isn't a net/avahi-daemon port.
Most Linux distros have an avahi-daemon package which correctly only
requires expat, libdaemon and dbus.  I avoid dbus at all costs, so all I
need is a way to build the daemon without dbus support.

I found this forum thread from 13 months ago:

Where is the daemon-only subport?  Do you have a patch or a subport PR I
could look at?