Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2012 23:09:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnome-keyring problems

I have had this problem since day 1 with Gnome, but now it is starting to
cause some other problems. I am trying to get usb drives to automount but
also firefox fails to build because it is unable to get authorisation. Also,
from gnome menu:
system > administration > users and groups > my user shows "this account is
disabled". Clicking "Enable Account" asks for password (old + new) but as
soon as I enter old password, the dialog window crashes and closes. I am
able to manage groups but "Advanced Settings" also shows nothing.

>From dmesg:
gnome-keyring-daemon[1097]: couldn't allocate secure memory to keep
passwords and or keys from being written to the disk
dbus[736]: [system] Rejected send message, 2 matched rules,
type="method_call" ..... sender=(comm="nautilus ") ....
comm="/usr/local/sbin/console_kit_daemon --no-daemon")

While trying to fix the error from several websites
(https://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/Pam and this for HAL
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/halfaq.html#q3)

I also got this error:
"openpam_load_module no pam_gnome_keyring.so"
pam_gnome_keyring.so is infact installed in /usr/local/lib.
in /etc/pam.d/slim I have:
auth       optional    pam_gnome_keyring.so
session    optional    pam_gnome_keyring.so    auto_start