Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:49:27 +0400
From:      Oleg Baranov <ol@csa.ru>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?5Zu+5r2Y?= <patula777@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD Bulldozer and aesni driver

Hi!

I mean that most of software which utilizes encryption relies on OpenSSL
library. It looks that current version of OpenSSL in FreeBSD cannot use
aesni as hardware accelerator, so all that software cannot benefit from
using aesni.

On the other hand there is stuff like ipsec and geli which relies on
crypto(9) framework. This may use aesni accelerator. Unfortunately the
machine with Bulldozer that I have use neither of them so I cannot tell
how significant improvement is.