Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2012 10:40:03 +0200
From:      Thomas Westfeld <thomas.westfeld@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Robust 802.11n PCIe card

Hello all,

I am planning to build my own FreeBSD server for storage. The main =
connectivity will be over gigabit ethernet, however I also need wireless =
connectivity.

I habe checked the hardware compatibility list of the FreeBSD 9 release =
and found various chipsets and drivers for PCIe mini, but it seems hard =
to find a robust PCI-E card with the following requirements:

1. 802.11n support (300 Mb/s)
2. Ideally a standard size PCIe card, not a PCIe mini (how good are the =
adaptors to convert PCIe mini to PCIe? Would that work, too?)
3. Furthermore a dual band support for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz would be =
desirable.

And of course it should work under FreeBSD.

Are there any recommendations? I know that point 3 is not that easy. I =
have seen on the homepages, that there is active driver development for =
the ath9k chipset family in progress, but I cannot judge how stable it =
is.

Thanks for your help
Thomas=