Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2012 22:18:44 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
Subject:   German SVN Mirror (was: Australian Subversion Repository Mirror)

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 07:04:41PM +1000, John Marshall wrote:
> In the absence of any advice as to the propriety of allocating FreeBSD
> domain names to public FreeBSD Subversion Repository mirrors, we have
> gone ahead and allocated a domain names to the mirror I announced here a
> month ago.  If we've done the wrong thing, please let us know.

Your naming matches with what we did 4 years ago, so at least people
agree about this point.

> These Subversion repositories are hosted on the same machine which hosts
> the Australian CVSup mirror and one of the Australian www mirrors, and
> is located in Brisbane, QLD.  The Subversion repositories are updated
> hourly from svn.FreeBSD.org via svnsync and have been operating reliably
> for the past month.
>
>   svn://svn.au.FreeBSD.org/base
>   svn://svn.au.FreeBSD.org/doc
>   svn://svn.au.FreeBSD.org/ports

svn://svn(1).de.FreeBSD.org/base was running and updated via svnsync since
the beginning of FreeBSD svn tree, but never officially announced as
svnsync didn't support repo surgery, which was considered a complete
show stopper at that time.
AFAIK this problems havn't been solved yet, but despite the fact that
there isn't an official mirror policy to handle those problems
cvsup mirroring had been declared dead in 9.1-RC1 annoucement.
Would have been very nice to have this worked out before, but there
wasn't even a notification for mirror admins.
Today I've decided to add doc and ports repositories to the mirror,
so at least we have everything available at best knowledge.

Server location is Frankfurt Main in Germany with hosting and hardware
kindly sponsored by Plus.line (http://www.plusline.de/).
Since FIZON (http://www.fizon.de) recently sponsored us new hardware we
are in the progres to relocate the service for svn and cvsup to the new
machine within the next couple of weeks.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de