Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2012 01:46:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent jail problems [was: ICMP RAW socket error]

I'm probably overlooking certain things with this question, but there seems
to be a number of places to make jail-specific adjustments / settings. The
options available are:

host /etc/rc.conf
host /etc/sysctl.conf
host /etc/devfs.rules
host /etc/jail.conf

Q1: With regards to getting around this problem
(jail_xyz_parameters="allow.raw_sockets"), I tried placing this in
/etc/rc.conf but I also had in /etc/sysctl.conf:
security.jail.allow_raw_sockets=1
security.jail.socket_unixiproute_only=1
Maybe the 2 settings are in conflict?

Q2: As far as I understand, jail related things in rc.conf, sysctl.conf and
devfs.rules should now be migrated to jail.conf - Is that correct?
Thanks.