Date:      Sat, 4 Feb 2012 21:26:03 -0600
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
Cc:        Barbara <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: R: net-p2p/vuze (formerly known as azureus)

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 13:12:02 -0600
"Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 13:02:07 +0100 (CET)
> Barbara <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it> wrote:
>

> > >Has anyone had any actual success at getting Vuze 4.7.x to work
> > >properly?  I've been tinkering with it for days now, and it's still
> > >not behaving properly.
> > >
> > >In Vuze's logs, I'm seeing lots of "class not found" type errors,
> > >mostly in the mozilla/XPCOM hierarchy.
> >
> > I'm not sure that it's the reason, but has x11-toolkits/swt-devel
> > been built WITH_MOZILLA?
> >

> Yes, I made sure to check that before I rebuilt both swt and
> swt-devel.  I don't know if there's something weird going on with the
> low-level symbol names or what.  I've noticed that some of the symbols
> that are not being found at runtime are prepended with an underscore.
>
> I think I'm going to try rebuilding the swt* ports again, trying
> different compilers, and see if that helps.
>
> Thanks!

Progress!  At last!

I just updated swt-devel to the latest stable release (3.7.1), and
finally, Vuze is now working as it should.  Yay!  For the very first
time since I started trying to use it, the "Getting Started", "Vuze HD
Network" and Search windows are coming up as they should.

I'm going to submit a send-pr to upgrade the swt-devel port in a few
minutes.  It clearly would be beneficial to others.

I just love happy endings.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads@cox.net