Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2012 06:07:51 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad T400 fails to resume.. only in multiuser mode

Hi,

Here's an odd one.

I have a Thinkpad T400 here, running 9-stable. It fails to resume from
an s3 sleep. If I enable the "beep on resume" it beeps and hangs
there, beeping forever - so ACPI wake is happening.

However, if I boot it single user mode, it suspends/resumes fine.

Now:

* No firewire in the kernel
* I've removed bluetooth from devd.conf; same deal
* I've compared kernel drivers before and after - same deal
* I've removed all the kernel drivers in question, then did a
suspend/resume - still fails.

I'll see if I can get a docking station + serial port to work as a
console, so I can log the acpi resume messages that way. Other than
that, does anyone else have any bright ideas?

The resume results in a blank screen - whatever happens causes the
video to not fully recover..

Adrian