Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2012 02:11:59 -0500
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting a laptop - take 2

Hey all,

After my last attempt at purchasing a FreeBSD development laptop
failed (the IdeaPad thread) I still need a laptop.  I'm going to try
something different this time - provide just the requirements and ask
for specific models.

Note that I am looking for a *development laptop* - something for me
to use to continue hacking on FreeBSD.  The goal is to replace my
desktop for most work.

Needs:

- Intel core i5+
- support for 8GB+ memory (doesn't have to come with it)
- Wireless must function on FreeBSD
- X must function with better-than-VESA graphics
- 13" screen
- 320GB+ HDD

Wants:

- 8GB+ memory (coming with it)
- larger screen is better
- 500GB+ HDD
- good resolution of the monitor
- ability to upgrade HDD / add a new one in the side slot.

Don't care:
- weight
- suspend/resume functioning
- being able to switch to VTYs after starting X (i.e., intel KMS is likely fine)
- optical drive
- SSD

--
Eitan Adler