Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2012 12:59:30 +0100
From:      Victor Balada Diaz <victor@bsdes.net>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD NFS latency stats

Hello,

>From time to time we're seeing that some requests take a long time to
serve from our NFS servers. I've been trying to monitor NFS latency
but so far i haven't found anything on FreeBSD that allows me to do this.

nfsstat(1) doesn't have latency counters.
gstat(8) doesn't work because nfs mounts are not devices.
iostat(8) doesn't work with nfs mounts.
sysctl trees vfs.nfs and vfs.nfsrv don't have anything about latency.

I've found that Linux people do have an nfs-iostat tool for
kernels newer than 2.6.17:

http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=steved/nfs-utils.git;a=blob;f=tools/nfs-iostat/nfs-iostat.py;h=9626d42609b9485c7fda0c9ef69d698f9fa929fd;hb=HEAD

How do you monitor NFS latency with FreeBSD client and server?

Thanks a lot.
Regards.
--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.