Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2012 20:45:27 -0700
From:      list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 fragments firewall support?

On 2012-06-09 14:40, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> You can however unconditionally allow all fragments and trust a (bad)
> end host system:
>
> pass log quick inet6 proto ipv6-frag all

Does ipv6-frag require explicit rules?  My rules passing Internet<->LAN
traffic intentionally omit protocol specificiations, so in theory
ipv6-frag should be covered.  For example:

pass quick on $lanif from <lan_local> to <lan_local>
pass in quick on $lanif from <lan_global> to any tag LanOut
pass out quick on { $extif4, $extif6 } tagged LanOut

block in quick on $extif6 inet6 from any to <me6>
pass in quick on $extif6 inet6 from any to <lan_global> tag LanIn
pass out quick on $lanif tagged LanIn