Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2012 23:43:20 -0600
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: General questions on packages and package path

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 03:36:02PM -0500, Super Bisquit wrote:
> Have the packages for PowerPC32 been built yet?

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/powerpc-9-latest/ is the run in
progress.  With only two machines, progress is quite slow.  The previous
results were http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/powerpc-9-full/ .
The serious blockers are net/libgweather, multimedia/mplayer, and
especially www/qt4-webkit.

They should have been uploaded by now:

  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/powerpc/packages-9-stable/

(it's "powerpc/" not "powerpc32/" or "ppc32/", fwiw)

They are from just around a month ago.

>From a quick check, the statistics show 19233 packages built out of
what was most likely just above 23000 entries in INDEX.  There were
77 errors which blocked another ~700 from being built (mostly the 3
I listed above.)

You can see the ones which we don't even attempt due to being marked
BROKEN/NOT_FOR_ARCH:

  http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/powerpc-9-latest/duds.verbose

We are not yet building powerpc64 packages.  We simply don't have the
horsepower.

mcl