Date:      Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:12:00 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-ports@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   libreoffice ignores defined CC variables and friends

In an attempt to build libreoffice I'm trying to build
libreoffice-3.4.5.2 with clang, but it is ignoring every attempt I have
made to set env variables, configure args.

I have used -DCC=clang -DCXX=clang++ -DCPP=clang-cpp, I edited the
Makefile to check these and set them in CONFIGURE_ARGS or CONFIGURE_ENV.
It is not listening and is determined to use gcc :/

Am I missing something fundamental in my understanding of how things
work here?

Cheers