Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2012 00:21:45 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wrong version of sources?

I am having trouble with virtualbox-ose-additions. This is 9.1-RC1 on
amd64 in a VirtualBox VM.

It builds from the port (DISTVERSION= 4.1.20), but on reboot, the kernel
module refuses to load,, complaining of a version mismatch with the
kernel.

When I install the binary version (4.1.18) using 'pkg_add -r' it is fine.

This induces me to suspect that I have the wrong version of the kernel
sources installed. I installed the source tree with csup. My standard-
supfile (copied from examples with only the default host changed) says
'tag=RELENG_9'.

I must be doing something wrong, but what? Please forgive me if this is a
silly question; I am fairly new to FreeBSD, being a refugee from Linux.