Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:51:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
To:        fbsd8@a1poweruser.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: static ip address and ifconfig

> Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 18:09:59 -0500
> From: Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
> Subject: Re: static ip address and ifconfig
>
> But lets not get side tracked by something the question is not asking
> about. Please Focus on the part of the post you cut out which is asking
> about static ip addressees.

The short answer is 'have the "company" _pay_ someone (who knows what they're
doing) set it up for them'.

To be blunt you lack the required knowlege of essential concepts and routine
network configuration practices to either 'do it yourself' -or- to describe
the _entire_ configuration environment with sufficient precision for anyone
else to give you the 'simple' answer you require.

The answer to your original queston, AS ASKED, is:
   the ifconfig output will depend on how the network admin
   set tbings up, and -nobody- can guarantee what he did.

I'm not trying to be hostile or condescending, but you cannot do advanced
things when you lack the fundamentals.

I can produce an ifconfig output for a single interface, showing 4 different
'public' addressees and 6 'private' ones and *nobody* except the network admin
for that box can tell which were staticly configured and which were issued
via DHCP.  When you figure out 'why not' enlightenment will follow.