Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2012 19:50:27 -0500
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent security announcement and csup/cvsup?

On 17 November 2012 18:05, Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net> wrote:
> Is the plan to eventually shut down the anoncvs and CVsup services entirely?
> If so, shall the Gnats database be made available to the public through
> other means besides the query-pr CGI? I ask this after looking at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/committers-guide/article.html#gnats .

We have no plans to shut down the gnats or source cvsup *at this
time*.   There are eventual plans to do but no firm date.

For ports, a date has been decided: Feburary 28, 2013 we will stop
exporting ports to cvsup.  It is strongly recommended that you use
portsnap or svn if at all possible.

As for GNATS, there are plans to eventually move away from GNATS but
details have not been decided.

--
Eitan Adler