Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2012 17:28:11 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Device working on USB 2 but not on USB 3, best way to isolate the problem

Hi,

I have now one success and one failure.

I inserted these into the corresponding files:

usbdevs:

vendor VIALabs	 0x2109	VIA Labs

product TOSHIBA TransMemory	 0x6545	USB ThumbDrive
product	VIALabs	USB30SATABridge	0x0700	USB 3.0 SATA Bridge

usb_quirks.c

	USB_QUIRK(TOSHIBA, TransMemory, 0x0000, 0xffff, UQ_MSC_NO_SYNC_CACHE),
	USB_QUIRK(VIALabs, USB30SATABridge, 0x0000, 0xffff, UQ_MSC_NO_SYNC_CACHE),

Toshiba was already defined. The constants were taken from what usbconfig reported.

When I enter now the quirk at the command line, it works for both devices.

When I compile them into the kernel, it only works for the Toshiba device.

Is there anything else I have to consider for a quirk which works from the command line?

Erich