Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2012 15:14:29 +0300
From:      Mikolaj Golub <trociny@freebsd.org>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        bz@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-virtualization@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: panic when epair is removed (VNET)

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 02:21:47 +0200 Palle Girgensohn wrote:

 PG> Hi,

 PG> This seems to be well known issue, system panics when an epair is removed.

 PG> Isn't there anything one can do about this? I'd love to use epair in my
 PG> jails setups, but the risk of killing the system makes them less
 PG> tasty... I tried a few patches on the net that claim to fix the problem,
 PG> but they don't. Any ideas what actually can be done to stop the kernel
 PG> from panicking?

 PG> Here's a reference:
 PG> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2011-January/000629.html

The patch works for me on the current. I had to update it to cleanly apply to
the recent current. Here is the updated version:

http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/if_epair.c.epair_clone_destroy.1.patch

If it does not work for you, could you please provide more details: freebsd
version/revision, scenario, backtrace, so I could try to reproduce.

--
Mikolaj Golub