Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:55:28 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        archibald <archibald@ethernull.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radeon and OpenGL version

On 12/29/12 23:37, archibald wrote:
> To provide a particular version of OpenGL it not only needs to be
> supported by your card, but also by mesa (graphics/libGL). In order to
> have better OpenGL support your version of mesa needs to be more up to
> date. I know that mesa 7.6 supports OpenGL 1.5, but not necessarily with
> your graphics card.
>
> If you define WITH_NEW_XORG in /etc/mk.conf (create a line saying
> "WITH_NEW_XORG=yes") and rebuild your ports you should end up with mesa
> 7.11, which supports OpenGL 2.1 with your graphics card (I think - don't
> quote me!).

I looked into which ports use this flags and matched them with the ones
I have installed; they are:
_ libGL;
_ libdrm;
_ xorg-server.

Surprisingly not xf86-video-ati.

Would it be enough to put "WITH_NEW_XORG=yes" in /etc/make.conf and
recompile the above three ports?
Or do I need to rebuild something else too?

  bye & Thanks
	av.