Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2012 18:14:35 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        xfce@freebsd.org
Subject:   restart and shutdown permissions

Despite having my user as a member of wheel and operator groups, and
having this in
/usr/local/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/org.freedesktop.consolekit.pkla:

   [Restart]
   Identity=unix-group:operator
   Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart
   ResultAny=yes
   ResultInactive=yes
   ResultActive=yes

   [Shutdown]
   Identity=unix-group:operator
   Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop
   ResultAny=yes
   ResultInactive=yes
   ResultActive=yes

The user still can't restart or shut down with the xfce buttons.  The X
session ends, but that's it.  It's the same as logout.

>From a terminal window, the user can run shutdown -r now or shutdown -p
now and it works.  Those buttons were not enabled until I installed
sudo, but it may be some other permissions thing.  I didn't think sudo
was required for this.

What is missing?