Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:57:59 +0300
From:      David Naylor <dbn@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wine on 64-bit freebsd

--nextPart4772369.sL1j1Bg9Mf

On Tuesday, 2 July 2013 18:42:52 Alexandr wrote:
> Hello!

Hi

> Can anyone tell me - do I need full 32-bit environment to run windows
> applications as it described at https://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine?

Please have a look at https://wiki.freebsd.org/i386-Wine for details on
running wine on amd64 systems.

> Without 32-bit environment with wine-fbsd64-1.5.24,1 I can run a few
> simple applications (that don't need DirectX), but the most - no, even
> 15-years old games.

The best way to run 3D games is to have a nVidia graphics card and to use the
binary nVidia drivers.  Using open source drivers (such as intel) is
theoretically possible however I have not succeeded in this (I'm working on
the problem, when I have time).

If you have any further questions please ask.

Regards