Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:30:37 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <eugene@zhegan.in>
To:        "freebsd-dtrace@freebsd.org" <freebsd-dtrace@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ufunc() doesn't work

Hi.

On 24.10.2014 23:54, Mark Johnston wrote:
> ufunc() is available in stable/10 as of r273595.
I've just updated my system to r273822:

[root@taiga:~]# uname -a
FreeBSD taiga 10.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 10.1-PRERELEASE #0 r273822: Wed
Oct 29 23:20:55 YEKT 2014 emz@taiga:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TAIGA  amd64

The world and kernel are in sync. I'm still running the kernel built
after the same config as before. But, unfortunately, I've missed the
ability to run dtrace scripts. What have I missed ?

[root@taiga:~]# config -x /boot/kernel/kernel | egrep -i 'debug|kdtrace|ctf'
makeoptions     WITH_CTF=1
makeoptions     DEBUG=-g
options ALTQ_DEBUG
options USB_DEBUG
options IEEE80211_DEBUG
options DDB_CTF
options KDTRACE_HOOKS
options KDTRACE_FRAME
[root@taiga:~]# kldload dtraceall
kldload: can't load dtraceall: module already loaded or in kernel
[root@taiga:~]# dtrace -l | head
    ID   PROVIDER            MODULE                          FUNCTION NAME
     1     dtrace BEGIN
     2     dtrace END
     3     dtrace ERROR
     4        fbt            kernel                camstatusentrycomp entry
     5        fbt            kernel                camstatusentrycomp return
     6        fbt            kernel            cam_compat_handle_0x17 entry
     7        fbt            kernel            cam_compat_handle_0x17 return
     8        fbt            kernel                   cam_periph_done entry
     9        fbt            kernel                     camperiphdone entry
[root@taiga:~]# dtrace -n 'syscall:::entry { @num[execname] = count(); }'
dtrace: invalid probe specifier syscall:::entry { @num[execname] =
count(); }: "/usr/lib/dtrace/psinfo.d", line 37: failed to copy type of
'pr_uid': Type information is in parent and unavailable
[root@taiga:~]#

Thanks.
Eugene.