Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2014 16:44:15 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports-announce@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [FreeBSD-Ports-Announce] [ANNOUNCEMENT] pkg 1.3.0 out!

--ey/N+yb7u/X9mFhi

Hi all,

I'm very please to announce the release of pkg 1.3.0
This version is the result of almost 9 month of hard work

Here are the statistics for the version:
- 373 files changed, 66973 insertions(+), 38512 deletions(-)
- 29 different contributors

Please not that for the first time I'm not the main contributor, and I would
like to particularly thanks Vsevold Stakhov for all the hard work he has do=
ne to
allow us to get this release out. I would like also to give a special thank=
s to
Andrej Zverev for the tons of hours spending on testing and cleaning the bug
tracker!

So much has happened that it is hard to summarize so I'll try to highlight =
the
major points:
- New solver, now pkg has a real SAT solver able to automatically handle
  conflicts and dynamically discover them. (yes pkg set -o is deprecated no=
w)
- pkg install now able to install local files as well and resolve their
  dependencies from the remote repositories
- Lots of parts of the code has been sandboxed
- Lots of rework to improve portability
- Package installation process has been reworked to be safer and handle pro=
perly
  the schg flags
- Important modification of the locking system for finer grain locks
- Massive usage of libucl
- Simplification of the API
- Lots of improvements on the UI to provide a better user experience.
- Lots of improvements in multi repository mode
- pkg audit code has been moved into the library
- pkg -o A=3DB that will overwrite configuration file from cli
- The ui now support long options
- The unicity of a package is not anymore origin
- Tons of bug fixes
- Tons of behaviours fixes
- Way more!

Thank you to all contributors:
Alberto Villa, Alexandre Perrin, Andrej Zverev, Antoine Brodin, Brad Davis,
Bryan Drewery, Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav, Dmitry Marakasov, Elvira Khabirova, J=
amie
Landeg Jones, Jilles Tjoelker, John Marino, Julien Laffaye, Mathieu Arnold,
Matthew Seaman, Maximilian Ga=DF, Michael Gehring, Michael Gmelin, Nicolas =
Szalay,
Rodrigo Osorio, Roman Naumann, Rui Paulo, Sean Channel, Stanislav E. Putrya,
Vsevolod Stakhov, Xin Li, coctic

Regards,
Bapt on behalf of the pkg@

--ey/N+yb7u/X9mFhi