Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 2014 11:44:52 +0400
From:      Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        python <python@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   PYDISTUTILS_AUTOPLIST question

Hi,

while PYDISTUTILS_AUTOPLIST works smoothly for majority of ports, there
is the problem with some of them I come across yesterday. For example,
there is the port devel/py-Products.PasswordResetTool. If I set there
PYDISTUTILS_AUTOPLIST, and try to build, I got packaging error, because
some of the files, that port provides, cannot be compiled (by design).
While they are python code files, they are not supposed to be executed
with python interpreter directly (they are kind of templates).

So, is there any possibility to:
a) Do not add compiled/optimized filenames to packing list, if the
actual file fails to compile?
b) Make a hook, that allows to list file, that should not have
corresponding *.pyc/*.pyo entries in the packing list?

Such thing is common for zope/plone-related ports, and I already asked
upstream about this long time ago. They tell me to just ignore that and
all was fine until such a tasty life-saver, which PYDISTUTILS_AUTOPLIST
is, was introduced into the ports tree, that sadly cannot be used for
this ports.

--
Regards,
Ruslan