Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 2015 11:29:09 +0100
From:      Michael Fuckner <michael@fuckner.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting stuck for about 10minutes

On 02/17/2015 07:37 PM, Michael Fuckner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Quanta Q71L-4U Quad Xeon E7-8850 Machine which should run
> FreeBSD10.1. Currently it is equipped with 512GB, but in the end it
> should use 3TB.
>
> I boot the bootloader and the kernel and then for about 10minutes
> exactly nothing happens. Not on the physical monitor, not on the serial
> console. After this 10Minutes it boots up as expected.
>
> Any idea how to speed this up? Could this increase when adding more memory?

hi all,

I upgraded the machine from 512GB to 3TB and now it crashes while
booting "panic: AP #1 (PHY# 2) failed!". It runs Linux fine, so it is
not a hardware issue.

dmesg with 512GB is included in my previous mail.

Video: http://dedi3.fuckner.net/~molli123/temp/3tb_crash.avi

Any help appreciated,
  Michael!