Date:      Sun, 3 May 2015 14:18:30 +0900
From:      "Daisuke Aoyama" <aoyama@peach.ne.jp>
To:        "Luiz Otavio O Souza" <lists.br@gmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.1 / 11 on a Raspberry Pi B+ / 2 ?

From: "Luiz Otavio O Souza" <lists.br@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2015 8:07 AM
To: <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Cc: "Daisuke Aoyama" <aoyama@peach.ne.jp>

> On 2 May 2015 at 13:50, Andreas Schwarz wrote:
>> On 03.05.15, Daisuke Aoyama wrote:
>>
>> Hi Daisuke,
>>
>>> I get freeze if I remove "options SMP" from kernel config.
>>> Also freshly installed OS(VM in ESXi) and freshly installed crochet and src without any
>>> patch
>>> give me un-bootable image....
>>> It seems  current RPI2 code does not work with/without ARM_NEW_PMAP at least r282205.
>>> My host is r281389 (clang 3.6 version) which is same version of ODROID-C1 and RPI version on
>>> ESXi server.
>>
>> Thank you for the hint, this will explain my problems.
>>
>> -andreas
>>

> indeed.  This was the fb issue.  It should be fixed with r282359.
>
> Now a fresh src and kernel (with 'options ARM_NEW_PMAP') will boot to
> login prompt.
>
> If something doesn't not work, let me know.

Thank you for your hard work.

I notice my SMP kernel failed to attach fb0.
>fb0: Failed to set framebuffer info
So, it never stop here...
I will check new version.

If you plan to use RPi2, please apply the cpufreq patch that contains the voltage control fix.
Without the patch, you get wrong voltage. You can see the voltage by verbose mode (boot -v from
loader).
WARNING: Don't set any value without patch. I don't know whether it affects physical damage.
Please commit the patch, if you confirm it.

Thanks,
--
Daisuke Aoyama