Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 2015 11:49:37 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>,  "freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org" <embedded@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New router: TP-Link Archer C7 v2

Hi,

I've just added support for the tp-link archer c7 v2. It's a 2x2 2GHz
11n / 3x3 5GHz 11ac access point with a QCA9558 SoC, 128MB RAM, 16MB
flash, 2x USB2.0 ports, 5 port gige switch. Everything except the 11ac
NIC works.

It's interesting because the 11ac isn't on-board - it's the CUS223
PCIe NIC. Yes, this means you can switch it out for other PCIe NICs.

So if you're after a supported MIPS platform with PCIe that you can
buy for ~ $100, this would be it.

There's no 11ac support - I have to write the driver. I have other
things to do, so that won't happen any time soon. (I also have
firmware source, so when I /do/ do it, it'll be feasible to make it
stable.)  But everything else inside works.

I have a few more things on the platform support to tidy up and those
will go in over the next few weeks as I get spare time. But this is
the new target I'm going to use for performance/stability work.

Thanks!

-adrian