Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 2015 18:36:14 +0000 (UTC)
From:      rondzierwa@comcast.net
To:        freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mellanox MHET2X-1TC

Hello All,

I am trying to use an MHET2x-1TC in a Sun X4500 running 10.1-RELEASE, but cannot seem to get the device to show up anywhere.

Has anybody had any success using this adapter on 10.1? If so what did you have to do to get it to work?

I've downloaded two versions of the driver from the Mellanox site, MLNX_EN_FreeBSD_v2.1.tgz and the newer MLNX_OFED_FREEBSD_V2.1.5.tar.gz.
both built and installed. I downloaded and installed mft-3.8.0-56 tools and installed them. I've tried loading the old and the new modules from loader.conf with a reboot, and get the same results - no new devices in either /dev or ifconfig

pciconf sees the device:

# pciconf -lv | grep Mellanox -C 3
class = network
subclass = ethernet
pcib7@pci0:6:2:0: class=0x060400 card=0x00000000 chip=0x5a4615b3 rev=0xa1 hdr=0x01
vendor = 'Mellanox Technologies'
device = 'MT23108 PCI Bridge'
class = bridge
subclass = PCI-PCI
--
class = mass storage
subclass = SCSI

and mst sees it as well:

# mst status
MST devices:
pci0:6:2:0 - MT23108 PCI Bridge
pci0:7:0:0 - MT23108 InfiniHost

When I ran flint it told me the device was too old:

flint -d pci0:6:2:0 q
-E- Cannot open Device: pci0:6:2:0. No such file or directory. MFE_OLD_DEVICE_TYPE

Although I can see the modules in kldstat, the driver never shows up on dmesg, and there are no additional network devices in ifconfig.

any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

thanks,
ron.