Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:00:26 -0500
From:      "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@michaelwlucas.com>
To:        jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   preferred jail management tool

Hi,

For those who haven't heard, I'm writing a book on jails. Some details
are at http://blather.michaelwlucas.com/archives/2286.

I want to cover at least one jail management tool. I've done some
research into jail tools. You can see my results at
http://blather.michaelwlucas.com/archives/2291.

(No, I'm not trying to drag traffic to my blog. I just don't want to
cut-and-paste it to a mailing list. ;-)

I have several choices of jail management tools to write about.  It
seems that ezjail gets all the press. I'm wondering if this is because
it's the first tool, or if it's the best of its kind.

I also hear a lot of whinging about ezjail. I suspect that's because
it's the most widely deployed tool of it's type, however. The one in
front gets the most mud slung at it.

Looking at the documentation, I'm highly intrigued by iocage. It seems
to do everything that ezjail does and then some.

CBSD also looks like a really good choice. Based on what I know now,
I'm inclined to cover iocage and CBSD.

I want to ask the experts, though. Which is you guys.

Any recommendations on what I should cover, or not cover? Any big
screaming red flags in these tools that I should be aware of?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas  -  mwlucas@michaelwlucas.com, Twitter @mwlauthor